How do you make a difference?
It doesn’t have to be drastic, but let’s be clear…every little bit DOES make a difference.
Adopt energy-saving habits
- Keep thermostat relatively low in winter and ease up on the air conditioning in summer. Clean or replace dirty air conditioner filters as recommended to keep the A/C operating at peak efficiency.
- Unplug your electronics when not in use. To make it easier, use a power strip. Even when turned off, items like your television, computer, and cellphone charger still sip power.
- Dry your clothes outside whenever possible.
- Make minimal use of power equipment when landscaping.
- Defrost your refrigerator and freezer regularly.
- Choose green electricity. Many utilities give you the option to purchase electricity generated by wind and solar power for a small rate surcharge.
- Purchase carbon offsets to make up for the energy use you can’t eliminate.
These aren’t rocket science, but we tend to forget to do them. And what about HOW WE GET AROUND DENVER?
We can’t all afford the cool Hybrid or Electric cars (but someday we will!), so what is another way to make a difference?
SCOOTERS!!!! Depending on what you choose, you can get up to 130 mpg on a scooter (Honda Metros).
Go out and make a difference, even if it seems small. We have so much power as humans to impact this world in a positive way. Let’s see what we can do!
For more information check out: http://www.myfootprint.org/en/take_action/reduce_your_footprint/