On October 8th we will be honored with another Full Moon. I don’t know about anyone else, but I love full moons! I just love they way the look and how bright the night sky get’s. But many people have all sorts of reasons why they like or don’t like a Full Moon. Here are just a few of them:
- The honeymoon is named after the full moon in June. As it fell between
the planting and harvesting of crops this was traditionally the best month
to get married.
- According to superstition a male child is more likely to be conceived at
- The pull of a full moon is so strong that it causes tree sap to rise inside the trees. In certain areas, full moon harvests are avoided because the increased sap flow attracts insects.
- A German study found that people are more likely to binge drink when there is a full moon
And a few famous Moon quotes for you:
- “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
― Mark Twain
- “She didn’t quite know what the relationship was between lunatics and the moon, but it must be a strong one, if they used a word like that to describe the insane.”
― Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
- “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
- “One of these days Alice, Pow! Straight to the Moon!”_ Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners
Interesting isn’t it? There are Myths and Legends going back to the beginning of time regarding the moon. We tend to take that big ol’ object in the sky for granted.
Todays Thoughts: Look up. Pay attention to what guides and directs you in life. Don’t take for granted things that just always seem to be there. Embrace the power that is around you everyday!